Wednesday, January 27, 2010

10K Race

This past Sunday, Jimmy and I ran in our first 10K race! Let me just tell you, we did great! I had a solid time (5 mins below my "goal" time) and Jimmy placed 2nd in his age group. Don't believe me? Here is the proof. Read it and weep. I can't even begin to tell you just how proud I am of this accomplishment (for both of us)!

Going into the race, I decided to just use it as a training run and not really a "race". After all, I had never actually run this distance (6.2 miles), but that distance was right in line with my training schedule. What surprised me the most was how great I felt the whole time. As usual, I was a little sluggish at first, but after the 1st mile I got into a rhythm that stuck with me all the way to the end. I'm hoping this is a good sign as I continue to train for Big D! In the meantime, I'm celebrating little successes along the way...each week, I run farther than I ever have before. Cool, huh?

1 comment: