Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wedding Dreams/Nightmares

Now that the wedding is just about 2 months away, I've started having these dreams about my wedding day going terribly wrong. My dreams on Sunday night were by far the most extreme yet.

In one dream...

I didn't have a veil and it was about time to walk down the aisle. My nice sister-in-law tried to help by sending one of her friends to the store to get me one...mind you, I'm now in the back of the church at this point. Mel's friend shows up just as the last of the bridesmaids are walking down the aisle and she starts putting this terrible veil on my head. While she's taking the hideous net off of my head, I notice that the bridesmaids are walking down the aisle to Coldplay's "Viva la Vida"...at this point, I wake myself up and proceed to tell myself that these dreams are stupid and "such a thing would never happen".

I finally fall asleep again only to be greeted by yet another dream...

The wedding has already taken place and I'm walking through a parking garage. I walk up on these 2 random guys who are standing next to my car. They say, "Lady, your car just got jacked by a school bus". I look at my car and sure enough...the whole side is scraped up, as if the bus sideswiped my car. I decide it's not that big of a deal because I need to hurry to meet Jimmy. We had planned for me to go get my new drivers license and then I'd meet him at the bar afterward. Oh, I forgot one detail...during this whole fiasco, I'm in Utah and still wearing my dress that is filthy by time I finally decide to end the ridiculousness and wake myself up (again).

I've been told that these dreams will only get worse as the "big day" gets closer. I can't imagine how they can get any more vivid.

2 comments:

  1. Haha...I always had the dream that my diamond would either crumble or it would be the world's ugliest ring and then I'd wake up thinking I needed to take my ring in to get checked to ensure the diamonds weren't falling out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep breathing and remember...at the end of the day, you'll be celebrating your relationship with Jimmy with your loved ones! If it happens with the wrong veil or your dress gets dirty, who cares?! You will still be with the ones you love...and they'll be loving you. (And that Cold Play business is just silly...Harry would NEVER let that happen ;)

    ReplyDelete