Friday, April 16, 2010

Pretty flowers.

When we bought our house I was really excited to plant flowers and make our yard beautimus! All winter I was sad at how brown and gross our yard looked, but at the same time I would never take the time to put down winter rye just to have green grass during the winter months. So when it started to warm up around here, Jimmy and I bought a boatload of annuals and went to town...I can't wait until they really start to fill in. Here are a few pics: 

Please ignore the ugly, rusted edging ...
we're going to replace it with a rock border in the Fall 

We planted: begonias, impatiens, marigolds, petunias & dusty miller

 Before

After


 

They've already started to bloom, except we have a minor problem...we have an unwanted guest who has decided to make his/or her mark on one of our flower beds...

(not the actual armadillo)
 
I really have NO clue what to do about this little bastard, but if he/she keeps digging up my pretty flower bed I'm gonna do my best to make sure they turn into roadkill! 

1 comment:

  1. Hope y'all had fun in Chicago! I'm actually headed up there next week to go visit...Hubs has been in Chicago too long and I need to see him :). I've never been so let me know if there any must do things...besides a Cubs game.

    ReplyDelete