Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Joys of Being a Homeowner

Does anyone else hate that saying? This guy at my office says that anytime I talk about yard work, house work or any other type of work associated to being in our house. Maybe we've gotten lucky, but we haven't had any major issues to deal with since we've been in the house *knock on wood or whatever it is my desk is made of*. So far, it really has been a joy to be a homeowner {except for the whole housecleaning part}! We do, however, have a growing list of things we need/want to do with our house and/or yard. We're in the process of figuring out what's a need and what's a want...I am very good at skewing those lines when it comes to shopping, so we'll see how this goes. Here's a list of a few things we're thinking of:
  • replace front door...apparently cracks aren't good to have in doors
  • hard wood in place of carpet in eating areas/downstairs hallway/office area- this will be down the road, but before we have kids. I can't imagine having to vacuum after every meal with a child!
  • get stone for the edges of our flower beds to replace the rusted edging that's there now...on a side note, I'm now remembering why I never wanted to help my parents with yard work when I was growing up. It could definitely be a full-time job!
  • Plant St. Augustine grass plugs in the yard to replace the Bermuda grass...who knows when we'll do this?
  • Get a taller fence and an automatic gate so we can expand our backyard...this will be in about 15 years 'cause they are PRICEY!
  • Take a nap 'cause I'm already tired from writing this list. 
I'm sure you get the point...we have plans, big plans! In the meantime, I'm just trying to attack the tiny beasts that are called weeds. I will prevail over these suckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment