Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

Hello all...I don't have a lot of pictures from Christmas because...well, I haven't uploaded them and didn't really take a whole lot. (note to self: My husband bought us a new FANCY PANTS CAMERA!! and I really should learn how to use that awesome thing!) Here is a pic of our tree from last year {cause it pretty much looks the same}
To me, this year's Christmas was a WHIRLWIND for sure! Last Wednesday Jimmy and I drove to Taylor to be there in time to celebrate his dad's birthday on the 23rd. He and the guys went golfing while my mother-in-law and I ran a few errands and then made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies to take to the family Christmas Eve celebration. Here is the recipe (courtesy of That Lynn Girl, if you're interested (http://www.thatlynngirl.com/2009/10/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies.html). My MIL is the BEST help when it comes to baking...I'm notorious for forgetting ingredients, but she was right there to walk me through each step. The cookies were a hit!

After spending the afternoon of Christmas Eve with Jimmy's side of the family, we hit the road headed home for Christmas with my side of the family. My sister and her family were in town from Vegas, so it was an extra special holiday. I am IN LOVE with my two nephews and it was so fun to see them play with each other. My sister's son (Liam) is almost 2 1/2 and my brother's son (Luke) is almost 1 1/2, yet they are the same height and there is only a 1 lb difference in weight. Let's just say that Luke is a big boy! (yes, I'll post pictures soon!)


Christmas Day was spent at my mom's house and it was crazy, but fun. It is always such a treat to be surrounded by family and just get to hang out! 


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! 
"Hail the heaven born Prince of Peace! Hail the Son of Righteousness! Light and life to all He brings, Risen with healing in His wings, Mild He lays His glory by, Born that man no more may die, Born to raise the sons of earth, Born to give them second birth" 



No comments:

Post a Comment