Monday, June 27, 2011

29 weeks

Here are my "stats" for right now....
 How Far Along: 29 weeks
Size of baby: GINORMOUS! I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule and the baby is in the 80th %
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +21 lbs; counting the 1 lb loss from a stomach virus last week (ugh!)
Maternity Clothes: Trust me, people don't want to see me in anything not maternity!
Gender: SURPRISE!!
Movement: Almost constant movement; this baby is a cross between a river dancer and a ninja
Sleep: I'm doing pretty well in that department, thanks to a mini travel pillow I sleep with. I'm sure it will get harder as I continue to grow
What I miss: being outside (it's too hot for a preggo to just be walkin' around), laying on my stomach, margaritas
Cravings: nothing in particular, my stomach is becoming smashed by the baby, so I can't seem to eat a whole lot at once. I'm trying to eat more meals with smaller portions.
Symptoms: slightly swollen feet at the end of the day, some Braxton-Hicks, but nothing terrible
Best Moment this week:
I got to lay on my belly for a "mother-to-be" massage at a fancy pants resort in Vegas :) -AND- I got to go to the beach!
Me at 29 weeks (I need tips on taking a pic of myself!)

Since I've been a bad blogger, here is a short recap of life lately: 
Vegas: About 2 weeks ago, I flew out to Vegas to spend a few days with my "big seeeester". It was the perfect timing for some sister time and I loved every minute of it! We went to the M Resort in Vegas (look it up, it rocks) and we both got massages. Mine was a "mother-to-be" massage and it was glorious. They had this pillow contraption that allowed me to lay on my belly and it was heavenly. I almost told the lady that she didn't even have to touch me...I was content just laying there for a while ;) The only sucky part about the trip was that I started to feel crummy on the flight back. 
Stomach Virus: It turns out that the crummy feeling on the flight turned out to be a full fledged stomach bug that was just brutal! After not being able to keep and food or water down for almost a full day, I ended up at the hospital getting almost 4 liters of fluid pumped into me! For some reason, I tend to get dehydrated easier than most and it reared it's ugly head again. Luckily, the fluids helped and I was back to my normal self after a few days of rest. Unfortunately, it caused me to lose a pound but my dr isn't concerned and that's all that matters!
Beach Trip: We just got back yesterday from a quick beach trip to Port Aransas with some good friends. We rented a 2 bed/2 bath fully furnished condo right on the beach and loved every minute of it! I'm really glad that I convinced myself to "bare the belly" and am a little surprised how comfortable and confident I was the whole time. I had a cute, polka dot bandeau top and maternity swim bottoms. So many ladies walked up to me and told me how they wished they'd been that brave when they were pregnant. Jimmy took a few pics that I haven't seen yet...if I approve them, then I'll do my best to remember to post them. Our trip was great, but we both wished we would have stayed just one more day! 

Hopefully I'll be back soon for another post!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! You are too cute Miss 29 Weeks! You all are brave to be surprised for baby #1. I'm too anal and will have to know so I can plan accordingly haha! (Plus I think my mom and MIL would kill me!) Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete