Monday, May 9, 2011

22 weeks today!

As usual, I've been a bad blogger and haven't documented any of my pregnancy (thus far). I'm hoping to start posting a little bit more...I'm even going to have the husband take some pics of me so I can see just how large I get from now until Baby Wright comes. I don't have any "belly pics" today, but hopefully soon. We have an ultrasound appt scheduled for this Thursday and I'll scan the pic we get of the little one. 

As of today I am 22 weeks along. Sometimes it seems like this pregnancy is going really fast, but other times it's like it is just dragging along. To be honest, I prefer the latter. All of the pregnancy books say that it's completely normal to have some apprehension and anxiety about impending parenthood...I guess that makes me normal! I wouldn't say that I'm completely freaked out, but I'm definitely pretty damn nervous about being responsible for another human being's life. Luckily, husband and I can be "rookie parents" together. 

Other than the obvious belly growth, this phase of pregnancy has been pretty easy on me. I still get the occasional bout of heartburn and other not-so-glamorous "pregnancy symptoms", but for the most part I'm doing great. My doctor put me on Prilosec to get rid of this annoying acid reflux-induced cough...thank goodness that's taken care of!

Take a look at this pic....see if you notice anything missing? 

Other than the lack of a recent manicure, it's my rings that are missing from this picture. As of this past weekend, I can no longer put on my wedding rings without fear of paramedics having to cut them off! I don't like being visibly pregnant and not wearing a wedding ring so I've already emailed the jeweler to have him make a sterling silver band that I can wear instead. Damn Texas heat!!

Oh well, I'll just put my rings in a safe place and dream about wearing them sometime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment