Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009: Fail

I was so excited this year to be in a house for Halloween. I've always loved the idea of passing out candy to all the cute little trick or treater's on Halloween. This year, I was prepared!

Jimmy and I bought not one, but TWO large bags of candy at Costco (we didn't want to be the cheap new neighbors who ran out of candy). After our Costco trip, Jimmy fixed the doorbell so we would be able to hear when the little ghosts, football players, Hannah Montana's and cheerleaders were at our door...I tested the doorbell...success, it works!

I kept asking, "when do you think they'll come??" I was pretty darn excited.

Well, I'm still waiting because we didn't have a SINGLE trick or treater at our door!! Needless to say, I was beyond bummed. The houses directly surrounding our house didn't have their lights on, so we think the kids either couldn't see that our light was on (for those of you who haven't been to our house...we're at the end of the street at the cul-de-sac) OR they just didn't want to make the trek to the end of the street...lazy kids.

I didn't take a picture of our still-full candy bowl, but trust me...it's pretty depressing looking!

We now have about 10 lbs of candy and can't stop eating it. Tomorrow, I'm donating it to a doctor's office who will be sending it to the troops. At least I can do something good with it.

Jimmy suggested that next year we get a "search light" so the kids know we're open for business!!

I hope everyone had a better Halloween than we did!


2 comments:

  1. Or you can save the candy and bring it to our house next year b/c I think they bus in the kids to our neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make a haunted house next year with lights and decorations. There will be buses of kids coming to see you then. Sorry your Halloween was a disappointment :(

    ReplyDelete