Monday, November 16, 2009

Our first DIY project...

One gallon of paint, a few paint brushes, 1 roller and a cracked/bruised rib later...our master bathroom is painted and it looks great! See....

We are really happy with the color we chose...cornflower blue (although I don't think it really looks like true cornflower, but it's pretty nonetheless). It took a little while for us to get into the rhythm of painting, but once we got the hang of it...things moved along nicely.

Now onto the cracked/bruised rib...
Just as we were about to start painting, I was climbing onto the bathroom counter when I lost my footing and fell :( Good thing Jimmy was there to catch me, but he wasn't able to get to me in time before I slammed the left side of my rib cage onto the porcelain counter top. Needless to say, it hurt like hell! I was in a fair amount of pain the rest of the day Saturday and Sunday, but the REAL pain started on Monday morning. The doctor said it was delayed-onset muscle soreness and it was pretty normal with this type of injury. He gave me a prescription for some nice pain pills and said I should be feeling better in a few weeks. Now I feel like an old lady because it hurts to do just about anything. I've definitely learned my lesson!

All in all, the project was a success...I just have to learn to be a little more careful when climbing onto such a non-forgiving surface.

3 comments: